Feb 6 Notes and Questions
Who We Are
Wk 6, “Authentic Living”
February 6, 2022
The Bridge Church Spanish Springs Core Values-
Biblical Examples of Authentic Living
“An honest witness tells the truth, but a false witness tells lies.” Proverbs 12:17
“An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips.” Proverbs 24:26
“So that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.” Thessalonians 4:12
“I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with Integrity.
1 Chronicles 29:17
- Real or genuine; not copied or false
- True and accurate; not false or imitations
- Made to be or look like the original; true to one’s own personality, spirit or character
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
Three Things Christians Do That the World Despises
- Stink at Friendship
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead, they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
“Do not judge and you will not be judged. Do not condemned and you will not be condemned. Forgive and your will be forgiven.”
- Being Authentic-
Three Steps to Authentic Living
- You must be Gospel Centered
- You Must be Sincere
- You must be Humble
True humility is putting the needs of others before your own needs, wants, and desires.
Being Authentic is about putting Jesus at the center of your life, instead of yourself
- How would you define authentic? Would you say our church is authentic? Why or why not? What are some examples of things that we do as individuals that those outside of the church may describe as authentic? What are some things we do that may be considered hypocritical?
- Read 2 Thessalonians 4:12, what do you think Paul means in this verse?
- Do you feel the Church (Christ’s Church) has an integrity problem? What are some things that each individual can do to help repair the problem? What are some things that can make the problem worse?
- What are some ways as Christians we can be judgmental? What are some ways people have been judgmental of you? How does it feel when you are being judged?
- What is Justin’s favorite color and can you use it in a sentence?
- Read Matthew 5:13-16, would you say you are salt and light to the world? Why or why not? What are ways we cover the light? What are some ways that allow it to shine through?
- Are we to judge people as followers of Jesus? Why or why not?
- What does it mean to be conformed to the image of Christ? What are some ways that God conforms us into the image of Jesus?
- What are some things we can do to reach outside our comfort zone to reach people who we might not be similar to?
Pray for each other
Have a good week!